Who we are:
- People who believe dogs should be loved & treated like family
- People who believe humans are responsible for the proper care & love of dogs
- People who believe dogs are neither temporary nor disposable
- Volunteers who visit kill-shelters & find dogs needing rescue
- Volunteers who transport dogs to and from veterinarian offices and animal hospitals
- Volunteers who use their own cars & gas to transport dogs long distances to get to rescues
- Volunteers who open their own homes for weeks or months (sometimes years) and share their families with rescued dogs
- Volunteers who work every day with rescued dogs to socialize, teach trust, have fun, and make well – even when they’re very sick
- Volunteers who find and meet potential adopters & homes to find good homes for rescued dogs
- Volunteers who attend public events to educate and advocate for dogs including adoption & rescue
- Volunteers who do what it takes every day to keep everything running smoothly and continuously
- Volunteers who have regular lives, full-time jobs, families, commitments, goals, etc.
- Volunteers who know we can’t save them all, but keep trying anyway
- Volunteers who have learned the meaning of blood, sweat, tears, and heartbreak.
What we are NOT:
- A publicly-funded shelter
- A law enforcement agency
- A corporation with paid employees or shareholders
- A fountain of cash
- A sea of endless kennels or space
- Robots that never exhaust or don’t have feelings
We are Oshie’s Tail Wagon Rescue & Transport…
Please help save lives by adopting, fostering, donating, or volunteering!